Payment for practical course includes:
Expenses for meal are shared proportionally around yacht crew (except captain) and paid additionally in the place of stay. Average cost is from 70 to 100 euro per person in a week. The crew has to supply a skipper with food (approximate charge for captain’s food is 25 euro per day)
- theoretical course
- extended medical insurance for yachtsmen – from 16 euro
- visa support
- transfer “airport-marina-airport”
- air tickets
- after successful examination – certificate
Sun Odyssey 54 DS (54 foot / 16.75 m2 ) – 4+1 cabins (4 cabins with double bed, 1 cabin for a captain), shower/heads in every cabin. Built in 2006, renovated in 2014.
It is a large and comfortable yacht of a French dock yard that combines classic beauty and interior ergonomics with wonderful cruise yacht performance.
The yacht is equipped with air conditioner, generator (steady electricity on board), TV in mess room, dinghy with outboard engine, full-fledged galley (cooking stove, oven, fridge, sink, dishes), sun deck-chairs and equipment for snorkeling and fishing. There is Wi-fi aboard.
Practical course program:
Practical course takes 2 weeks during which you sail 200 nautical miles.
First week you study the course Competent crew.
Second week you study course Bareboat Skipper/Captain.
During this time you train:
I. Practical lessons:
1. Yacht check-in
2. Usage of tools: GPS, compasses, wind indicator and depth sounder, log etc.
3. Disposal and exploitation of safety equipment: fire-fighting tools, emergency tiller, safety jackets and harnesses, life raft, SOS.
4. Navigation: course plotting, position fixing
5. Operating radio station
6. Rigging and rope work
8. Yacht handling with engine under way
9. Sail work: set, adjust, reef, strike
10. Sail work on different tacks
11. Turns: tacking, going about, gybing
12. Coming to an anchor
13. Docking, landing alongside, mooring, at anchor
14. Man overboard: under power, under sails
15. Usage of dinghy and outboard engine
II. Practical examination
“Captain’s day” is a significant day! For the first time you are a captain. Under attentive supervision of captain you are plotting the course and making a sailing plan, organizing crew work, de-berthing/unanchoring, sail work on different tacks, covering the route made by you and berthing, coming at anchor.
|Type of tour||Training|
|Yacht||Sun Odyssey 54 DS|
|Accomodation||1 adult shares ½ DBL|